September 29 , 2019
A CALL TO CONSIDER – Part 2
The Subtle Sin of Inverted Priorities
Text: Haggai 1:6-12
- A CONVENIENTLY FORGOTTEN PROBLEM, Vss. 7-9
- The Command, Vss. 5 & 7
- The Concern, Vs. 8
- THE HARDSHIPS THEY ARE TO RECALL, Vss. 9-12
- Discipline Through Deprivation, 9-11
- Devotion to God In the Midst of the Discipline, Vs. 12
- The great question that Jesus asked Peter was – “Do you love Me?” That was also the question of the returned exiles and for each of us today. A follow-on question might be, “How much do you love Me?” But one of the wonderful things about our Lord is that He truly is, “the God of the second chance” and the third and the fourth, and so on when there is true repentance. As in Peter’s case, Jesus waited on Peter’s repentance and then re-commissioned him to do the work He called him to do. Have you experienced God’s call to service? Is repentance a regular part of your walk with Christ?
- Someone said, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” As such, take a few moments now and commit, by His grace, to put first things first in your life. Memorize Matthew 6:33, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” Put Him first and know the joy of the Lord as you rework your priorities to align with His will for your life. And who among us doesn’t need to periodically do just that? Today is the day – now is the time!