June 9, 2019
TRADITIONS THAT HINDER TRUE WORSHIP
Conforming Scripture to One’s Preferences
Text: Matthew 15:1-9
- CONFRONTING THE LEGALISTS, Vss. 1-2
- COUNTERARGUMENT OF JESUS, Vss. 3-9
- CORRECTED UNDERSTANDING OF HIS DISCIPLES, Vss 10-20
- It’s always easier to judge your conduct by man’s standards than by God’s Word. Are there areas in your life where you’re doing that? What is the Holy Spirit telling you to do about that predicament? Will you obey Him or let it ride as the Pharisees (legalists) did?
- Many have come up w/their own “code of conduct” so they can feel better about themselves, but the net gain is pride & self-righteousness – it’s never true holiness. This is a trap that weighs you down but Jesus says, “Come unto me all you who are weary and heavily weighted down and I will give you rest.” Today would be a great day to do just that! Come to Jesus & stop trying to “measure up” because you can’t but He did on your behalf. Thanks be to God.